Our research interests lie within the areas of process systems engineering for:
- creating efficient ways to harvest natural resources,
- reducing the costs of chemical production systems and
- minimizing the disposal of ecologically unfavorable materials.
In process systems engineering, these objectives generally demand the integration of the broad topics such as
- decision making under uncertainty,
- process modeling, synthesis, identification, intensification, scheduling, monitoring, control,
- machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The integration of such topics brings about fairly complex, usually large-scale mathematical optimization problems which must be formulated, analyzed and solved in a reliable and efficient manner.
**This is the webpage of the group led by Erdal Aydin. Other PSE-related faculty members:
- Post-Doc: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- PhD: Max Planck Institute, Germany
- MS: Koç University, Turkey
- BS: METU, Turkey
Erdal is an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Boğaziçi University. Prior to joining Boğaziçi, he was a post-doctoral researcher at MIT focusing on renewable energy management under uncertainty. His current research interests are optimal design and operation under uncertainty, dynamic optimization, stochastic programming and artifical intelligence. Detailed CV can be found here.
- PhD: Koç University, Turkey
- BS: Boğaziçi University, Turkey
Hasan is an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Gebze Technical University. Prior to going back to academia, he worked at industry including the research and development department of Şişecam. His current research focuses on machine learning, artificial intelligence, process modeling, optimization, control, automation and decision making under uncertainty.
- MS: Ondokuz Mayıs University
- BS: Yeditepe University (Double Major in ChemE & Genetics and Bioengineering, with 100% scholarship)
Handan is a graduate student at Boğaziçi University PSE Lab. Her research interests are on modeling and optimization. Prior to starting grad school, she worked as chemical engineer at quality control lab of State Hydrolic Works between 2013 and 2016. She holds TÜBİTAK 2211 National Scholarship Programme award.
- BS: Bogazici University
Su is a masters student at Boğaziçi University PSE Lab. Her research interests are on MILP formulations for decision making and energy management under uncertainty.
- BS: Yildiz Technical University
Duygu is a masters student at Boğaziçi University PSE Lab and she is currently interested in dynamic optimization of chemical processes.