** We have 4500 TL/month scholarship for a PhD student up to 4 years from our Tubitak 2232 Research Project. Contact Erdal Aydın for details. (28/01/2020)
** We have 3500 TL/month scholarship for a masters student from our Tubitak 2232 Research Project. Contact Erdal Aydın for details. (28/01/2020)
** Motivated undergraduate/graduate students are always welcome to join us. Contact Erdal Aydın for details. (29/11/2019)
Our research interests lie within the areas of process systems engineering for:
- creating efficient ways to harvest natural resources,
- reducing the costs of chemical production systems and
- minimizing the disposal of ecologically unfavorable materials.
In process systems engineering, these objectives generally demand the integration of the broad topics such as
- decision making under uncertainty,
- process modeling, synthesis, identification, intensification, scheduling, monitoring, control,
- machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The integration of such topics brings about fairly complex, usually large-scale mathematical optimization problems which must be formulated, analyzed and solved in a reliable and efficient manner.
-- OUR CURRENT INTEREST IS ON INTEGRATED RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS --
- Post-Doc: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- PhD: Max Planck Institute, Germany
- MS: Koç University, Turkey
- BS: METU, Turkey
Erdal is an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Boğaziçi University. Prior to joining Boğaziçi, he was a post-doctoral researcher at MIT focusing on renewable energy management under uncertainty. His current research interests are optimal design and operation under uncertainty, stochastic model predictive control and artifical intelligence. Detailed CV can be found here.
- PhD: Koç University, Turkey
- BS: Boğaziçi University, Turkey
Hasan is an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Gebze Technical University. Prior to going back to academia, he worked at industry including the research and development department of Şişecam. His current research focuses on machine learning, artificial intelligence, process modeling, optimization, control, automation and decision making under uncertainty.
- MS: Ondokuz Mayıs University
- BS: Yeditepe University (Double Major in ChemE & Genetics and Bioengineering, with 100% scholarship)
Handan is a graduate student at Boğaziçi University PSE Lab. Her research interests are on modeling and optimization. Prior to starting grad school, she worked as chemical engineer at quality control lab of State Hydrolic Works between 2013 and 2016. She holds TÜBİTAK 2211 National Scholarship Programme award.
- MS: Boğaziçi University
- BS: Ege University
Ugurcan's research interests are on catalytic reactor modeling and simulation, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), process intensification, renewable fuels, catalytic microchannel reactors and optimization.
His detailed CV can be found here.